Friday, December 11, 2015

Always Something

Yesterday I made the rounds of post office, Walmart, and the Wiz's office where I finally got my problems resolved for the time-being. At Walmart, I found (praise God) that my four Rx refills cost nothing, and the fifth one hadn't been filled because Dr. G. hadn't called in a new prescription, so I'll have to make another trip. At the P.O., I mailed a handful of Christmas cards to the family and a couple of close friends.

Also mailed a complimentary copy of my poetry book to Mike, an old friend from our Huntsville days.

By the time I got home, it was nearly dark, and I like-to-didn't make it up the basement stairs. I ate my second meal of the day, than lay down and slept until 10:00 p.m. Then I watched a no-account French-language movie about two females who killed a whole family--with shotguns. At least they didn't set 'em on fire, which was their prior M.O.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Like the tree.

Deb said...

I am so glad your Rx were free! The cost of medicine is ridiculous sometimes. I blame the drug companies and the greedy doctors, not that all of them are bad.

I like your tree. Laura and I have a little tree, too. Do you know the story of Santa Mouse? Santa found a small mouse at a house and took him with him, is the basis of the story. The story goes that if you leave a little yellow light at the top of the tree, Santa Mouse will see it and leave a small present, wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a string, somewhere in the tree. This year will be 20 years that we have been doing this.I always make sure that the little present is a small mouse that is dressed up for Christmas. Instead of sitting all of the little mice round on the tables or what have you, Laura decided that they needed to be the ornaments on a small tree. It really is adorable and the little mouse that is dressed like Santa is the angel on the tree!

I hope you haven't had any night noises for awhile. I still think you need a dog. Or a very mean cat :)

Love and hugs,
Deb

Joanne Cage said...

Thanks for posting, Suze and Deb!