Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fifteen Books in 15 Minutes

My sister Susan tagged me to list 15 books that will always stick with me. The trick is, I have to do this in 15 minutes. So, I'll start now.

1. Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
2. China Court, by Rumer Godden
3. A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens
4. The Once and Future King, by T.H. White
5. The Education of Little Tree, by Forrest Carter
6. Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte
7. The Razor's Edge, by W. Somerset Maugham
8. Le Morte D'Arthur, by Thomas Malory
9. David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens
10. Portrait of Jennie, by Robert Nathan
11. The Black Cauldron, by Lloyd Alexander
12. Ahab's Wife, by Sena Jeter Naslund
13. Kim, by Rudyard Kipling
14. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
15. The Confessions of Saint Augustine

Those are not in any particular order, and I listed them in 10 minutes. And I trust the Bible will stick with all of us when all else is forgotten. I know if I read over that list, I'll kick myself for leaving out _____________________ and ____________________. It should have been 20 books, or 50.

I notice some of mine are also on Susan's list. I hope my sister Ramey lists hers.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I forgot about Portrait of Jenny. And what about The Portrait of Dorian Gray? That was a good 'un too, as I recall. I thought about the Bibie, but I didn't list it either. I guess it goes without saying. Like your list. Can't wait to read Ramey's.