Monday, May 11, 2009

Rotten little squirrels!

They scratch in my flower pots and scatter my little plants, dang their destructive hides. That's probably what happened to most of the flowers I've ever planted in the yard, and how a daffodil appears here and there where no flower has any business to be. Guess I'll have to make some kind of a Scare-Squirrel and put it on the porch in front of the plants.

The mail carrier delivered my lily-of-the-valley bulbs Saturday. I'm afraid to put them out, until I've fixed up some kind of squirrel-deterrent. I know the squirrels are the culprits, because the first time it happened, I heard a flower pot fall and looked out the door, and Mo was chasing one off the deck. That is, Mo was sitting by the door watching one scamper off the deck.

They're the cutest little critters I about ever saw. They sit upright, usually facing the house, to eat, and their white undersides look like tiny white snowmen scattered around the yard. They're almost as pretty as flowers, anyway. If they came in assorted colors, I'd just forget about the flowers.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

You need to borrow Sophie, dispatcher of squirrels and other small rodents.

Sandy said...

I've just begun blogging...I've enjoyed reading your posts,,you should write for yourself if for no one else,,I've enjoyed the historiacl comments..