Monday, August 16, 2010

Rue

Here's something to make you wonder "what the vendor buys/ one-half so precious as the stuff she sells."



I spread it on the deck to get some of the fust of decades out of it. I sold it for a few cents more than twenty dollars.

Of course, there are remedies. I could refuse to mail it to the buyer, and send her money back. Especially since the sale makes me want to take the damned $20 and process it down the Disposal.


This is the only thing I've sold that caused me a large twinge of regret. And makes me angry. My sister wouldn't take it as a gift.
***
If I were planning to hang around this [expletive deleted] planet for another three-quarters of a century, I would keep it regardless, and finish it someday. But folks, why bother? Elvis is dead these 33 years, and I don't even feel as lively as I used to.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Keep it if you want! Besides, if you decide to sell it after this recession, you will probably do a whole lot better. And, yes, you'll be around for that!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Keep it if you don't want to sell it. Tell the buyer that you're sorry that it is no longer available.
And Jed's right; it's worth more than 20 dollars and you could probably get mroe than that. Am I the sister that refused to take it for a gift? I know I expressed interest but I forgot what else happened about it. Anyway, when in doubt, don't sell.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Did you sell that quilt?