Monday, August 30, 2010

Walk a Mile in My Shoes

I've walked a couple of miles this morning, around and around my house, contemplating all the things I have to do today. Sometimes it's harder than other times, to make myself get into the shower and get ready to face the world and its vicissitudes. (Checking the dictionary, I see that I spelled it right. It means a lot of things, all related. Could have said turmoil. I love words; there's nothing like them; they're in a class by themselves.) But today, it's time to get down to business.

First I have to finish packing and mailing an e-normous book to New York. And a spoon to some foreign country like Oregon or Omaha, something with an O, where they don't have many spoons.

Then I have to pay a bill or two before the next billing cycle. I need an infusion of about 1.125 million USD. Who doesn't?

It has been raining softly for 2-3 days, and it slows down my metabolism. I've slept until I'm groggy. Groggier.

No comments: