Friday, March 25, 2011

Busting the Leaf Quilt


All this week I've been working on the unquilted parts of this. There are just a few more blocks at one end, and then the border. And then the binding. And then laundering and trying to remove 10 years of dirt, cat hair, and pricked-finger blood. I copied the design of this from an antique appliqued quilt shown in one of Susan's quilt books; I wanted to do it in patchwork instead of applique, so I designed the blocks, including the pieced leaf pattern of the white fill-in blocks.


Bond James Bond
 




REGRETS DEPARTMENT:











**********

The Last Lily to Open
Parts of the bouquet lasted for ten days.

6 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That quilt is going to be so pretty. And who is the fur face? He's so cute.

Joanne Cage said...

This is Bond James Bond, the poodle that I almost went to Cullman or somewhere to get last year. Just think how much bathing it would take to keep those feet white!

Tammy said...

Wow, what a pretty quilt. I love it!

Lynn said...

I love leaf quilts! And yours is so different. Love it! Can't wait to see the whole thing when it's finished.

JudyT said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I love leaf quilts. This is the first time I've seen that pattern with the two colors like that and I'm in awe of it.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

You're right, Jo. I had to wash Skipper's feet three times yesterday and bathe him once to keep the mud out of the house.