Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One More Cthse. Trip

I shouldn't dread trips to the Courthouse in Birmingham. That's one of the friendliest places I've ever been, not to mention an attractive building to look at, with the park out back. Everybody you meet smiles and says hello or something, although I've never seen a sign that says you must. Anyway, I applied for the title to the Lincoln, but have to make another trip, because Jed signed the Tracker title "James D." instead of "James DeWitt." Costs us two bucks to get an application to change the signature, which we'll have to do before a notary. Then I'll have to go back again to get a tag for the Tracker.

It was a pleasant drive today, not too much traffic, and the weather cool and nice. Back in the City of Valor, I went to Wal Mart and BOUGHT A TELEPHONE! Plus some of the prettiest cotton fabric I've ever seen in my life, to make a table cover and valance for the kitchen.


Yesterday evening I went to the poetry reading at the Arts Council. We had so many good poems to enjoy, and everyone was kind about the ones I read. We had a good crowd--eight people is a "good crowd" for a poetry reading.

6 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

o for gods sake

Joanne Cage said...

That's sort of what I thought.

Deb said...

Was that hail on your porch? This weather is just down right WEIRD this year! I'm still trying to warm up! They say it is going to be 50 this week; not holding my breath! That fabric is very pretty. Take a picture of your valance when your done to show us! Hope you have a good night. Oh, and did you really add on to your book?

Joanne Cage said...

Deb: I haven't added onto the end. I'm just trying to work through it to make corrections. But I may add on later. Thanks so much!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Can't believe you got that fabric at Walmart. It's gorgeous.

Joanne Cage said...

Suze: I think they have the best selection of fabrics they've ever had--though not enough of them. They've got fleece everywhere you look. But I love black-and-white prints for quilts and decorating, and they have lots of those.