Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A song, a poem and a book

The novel is tugging at me. I think I need to hang about 10,000 more words onto the end. Ramey says you have to keep fooling with it till you feel like it's perfect.

*

Poet for the day - Tennyson (from "Ulysses"):

"I am a part of all that I have met,
And all experience is an arch wherethrough
Gleams that untraveled world, whose margin fades
Forever and forever when I move.
....
". . .this grey spirit yearning in desire
To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
Beyond the utmost bound of human thought."
*

A favorite song ("Little Moses" by the Carters - link at left):

"Out by the water so clear,
the ladies were winding their way,
when Pharaoh's little daughter stepped down to the waterr
to bathe in the cool of the day;

Before it was dark, she opened the ark
and found the little infant was there..."

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Some famous writer, but I can't remember which one, said that the hardest thing about writing is knowing when you're finished.