Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Making Haste Slowly

The past few days, I've only written a few hundred words on the book. But I've got some glitches worked out and sort of know where it's going.

Yesterday Ramey and I went to the Big Saver thrift store before the flood got well started. This morning the lot looked like a river, but it's draining off pretty fast. The basement is ankle-deep, though. I wonder if I ought to put the truck out on the driveway. Decisions, decisions.

During the writing hiatus, I've worked on the house while I thought about it, and I've got my bedroom cleaned out and most of the blankets, pillows and things laundered. If the story keeps going this slow, I might even clean out my closet. I took a load of stuff to the thrift store yesterday, but it didn't make much of a dent.

Jed went to Florida today. I hope he gets some time to enjoy it instead of having to work all the time.

4 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sorry 'bout the basement. Glad I'm on a hill.
Is your camera still out of order?

Deb said...

Your basement flooded? I hope nothing was lost. Mine flooded about 3 years ago, was up to my knees! Kinda disheartening when you're bailing out water and your stuff starts floating by you! Hope you are ok and be careful if you go down there.
Glad you wrote some more on your story.
Hugs from a soggy Indiana

Joanne Cage said...

Deb: This has happened before, so I keep anything important off the basement floor. We've spent beaucoup dollars trying to solve our drainage problem. I guess a sump pump is the next thing we'll try.

Suze: The camera is working, but a photo of the basement would be awful ugly.

JD Atlanta said...

I'm in Florida, and taking the day off on Friday to enjoy the sand & sun. Very pretty here today. Supposed to rain tomorrow, but I'm working so who cares?

Let's find someone to put in a pump. Darn it.