Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sweet Music


I just threw in the possum picture because it's pretty. I guess this is what the singing possums looked like in Ramey's book.
*

My book gets longer all by itself. Every day or so, I get to thinking it's worthless, no story, nothing to it but some old stuff about the family. Then I sleep for a day or two, and it looks good again. I killed off my great-grandma and felt bad about that for a day or two. At any rate, it's over 60,000 words now, and I don't see the end. Vickie Covington said she knows a story is done when her main character turns around and looks at her. Big Baby hasn't looked me in the eye yet. If she marries the wrong man, then looks at me defiantly, I may have to start all over.

4 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Yes, I think my possums looked just like this, except I envisioned the babies a little bit smaller.

I'm so glad your book is taking on a life of its own. That's when things are really rolling. You just have to be the fingers on the keys, and the guy with the stick to give an occasional prod if things get sticky.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Them possums is cute.

Ramey Channell said...

Whoa! There was one on my front porch last night that was the size of a small pachyderm! He left in a huff when he saw me gawking at him.

Deb said...

I sort of feel like that possum...everyone on my back, yet I'm still moving on! Glad your book is coming along. I need to get off my duff and start writing again.
Hugs from Indiana