Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Great Meeting

Yesterday evening Joe W. send an email around reminding eveyone that we had rescheduled the poetry critique meeting for today, since the last Sunday this month is Easter Sunday, and the 17th is something, I don't remember what. So today Jed and I ate lunch at Cracker Barrel, then he went on to Atlanta and I went on to Odenville. It really was a fine meeting. The other five poets included a lady I hadn't met before, and all of them had outdone themselves. I had not outdone myself; the poems I read were old ones that are not too great. But I'm very glad I went. Joe showed us a bunch of the most fabulous antique quilts I've ever seen. My favorite was a star pattern that I've never seen before, in pink and white. Made me want to go home and make another quilt.

No comments: