Friday, April 15, 2011

"I dream of a [pink] rose tree..." - R. Browning


The Cecile Brunner is about to take over one of the oaks. I wish it had climbed that high several years ago. Probably would have if I had never cut it back.


The little pink oxalys-type flower, original stock from Granny SDS's garden, still pops up here and there in the yard. Before Tracy started cutting the grass Monday, I dug up some of it and put it in the big pot with the surviving lily-of-the-valley--which, by the way, had one tiny raceme of blooms earlier this month. Last summer, I transplanted a lot of the oxalys across the back of the lot, but of course the floods washed it away.




I almost planned to go buy a tag for the Tracker today, but it's thundering in the thicket, and storm watches and warnings abound. So I decided to hunker down today.

I think today was SDS's birthday. Either the 15th or the 14th. She would be about 121, if she were still topside. So would Maw Maw and Paw Paw.

1 comment: