Monday, November 5, 2007

Almost Like Being 9 Months Preg.

I can't wait any longer--Brag! Brag! Brag!

Somehow I stumbled across Nanowrimo online. It's a nationwide project that pits everybody against everybody else and his brother, in an effort to write a novel in a month. They do this every November, and if you succeed in writing a 50,000-word novel in November, you're a winner. You don't win anything except the declaration that you're a winner. According to the originator, Chris Baty, some publishable (and published) novels have come out of this insane fiasco.

Well, the Brag comes in because in spite of the yard sale effort and being sick as a dog, I have written thousands of words of what I hope will be a good story, if not a publishable novel. Shoot, I hope and trust it'll be a doggone best-seller! When I get started writing every day, the words just flow. What kind of words, don't ask; but I'm so proud I'd bust if I didn't carry on about it a little bit.

Jed is working in Selma today, and he's planning to come by here on his way home this afternoon.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I just read about that novel in a month project. I though it sounded crazy. Good luck with yours.