Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I finally went today for my yearly medical checkup. Everything was OK except my right ankle is infected from that fall the other day. I thought it was just bruised, but Dr. Gruman said it looks like it has some infection, so he wrote a prescription for some antibiotics--which I forgot to stop and get filled, doggone it!

Anyway, from the time I left the house this morning until now, I haven't coughed. I also slept for hours and hours yesterday and last night, so I guess the bronchitis is cured.

I still have bruises on my torso from the fall. Dr. Gruman said "Bless your heart" three times, looking at my leg and my bruises. It sounds like a lie, but he really did. I guess he's getting old and weak.

They set me up an appointment for a CT scan on THURSDAY--THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW! Confound these people! Also a bone scan (Dexa-Scan) on November 30, and a mammogram on December 12.

If I can write 50,000 words and keep up with everything happening in November, I will give myself a medal of honor. It's a good thing I'm ahead on the word count. I'll try to get even further ahead in case I have to fly to Africa or something this month. Come to think of it, I would give up the writing project if I could fly to Africa.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Keep going, Mom! And keep an eye on that infection. Are you taking a lot of iron supplements? If so, you may want to stop for a day or two, or maybe cut back. "They" now suspect that iron is normally good, but that it can help infections.

Jed