Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Well, I had it backwards: Jed stopped by yesterday on his way TO Selma, and spent the night. He left this morning before I woke up. Last night we searched the aerial maps online trying to find our house and his school in Selma, and he will check out our conclusions today on site.

He said the flower bed does look $150-worth better than it did, and I agree. But I still want to dig up the few clumps of undesirables that Steve's crew left. The bulbs still haven't arrived, though Brecks's sent me an email about a week ago saying they were being shipped.

Have been trying to knock my sorely neglected house into some kind of shape. Now have to go to the store, etc., and then spend the rest of the week catching up on the November novel. Mary Anne has canceled Book Club Friday because of a plumbing disaster in her house, so I guess I don't have to go anywhere this week.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

It turns out that the school was called Westside Junior High then, and Selma Middle School now. It was the school we found on the maps last night. I got the school to make me a copy of my records, and found our street address on the student info sheet. The house is still there! In fact, the brick grill is still in the backyard, looking exactly the way it did when we left. I also had a pecan from the tree in front of the house.

Jed