Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nevermore

This is my project that I did yesterday. It looks really neat. I'm waiting for a big rain; it's supposed to rain here Thursday and Friday, according to TV. If the water stands on the driveway, I can always remove the bricks, but I don't think they'll affect the draining that much. They're not stuck together or stuck to the driveway.

This morning, Jerry next door was painting his house, when a bunch of crows attacked another crow. Jerry shooed them away, and the victim perched on top of his rose trellis. Perched, and sat, and nothing more. It sat there all day. He tried to shoo it away, and it wouldn't shoo. When I went out there, he even had a stick prodding it in the rear, trying to make it go away. It simply flew a little distance, then perched back on the trellis and refused to move again.

We decided it might be sick, and maybe that was why the other crows attacked it. I called the Health Dept. and asked if you were supposed to report sick or injured birds. The HD person said they used to want people to report sick birds, during the bird flu scare, but they no longer investigated birds. When I got back from the post office at 4:30, the "raven still was sitting, still was sitting." A couple of hours later, however, it was gone. Maybe it just took all day to get over the shock of being attacked. Crows aren't afraid of people, anyway, or anything else.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The bricks and stones look good.

JD Atlanta said...

That looks great! Good "secret" project!