Monday, May 5, 2008

Picture it:

Leeds, 2008: Mo on the chair with the cushion, Wilder on the bench, me on the computer. One Amazon.com sale, after turkey-pickle-mustard-on-rye. After a glass of iced whatever, after an hour in-and-out-of the sun, working on a project.

I was careful to avoid all the little black spiders, but when I turned my back, all of them must have jumped up under my clothes. Because I still feel like 300,000 of them are biting me all over. That's what the sun does to moi. Don't want to take a shower now, because I'm going back for another hour or so. This time I'm going to attach the (open) umbrella to the back of my neck. Somehow.

5:20 p.m. The second bout lasted a bit longer, and there was more shade to work in. I've been inside for half an hour, but the drops of perspiration are still dripping from my head onto my shoulders and arms. I guess my thick bushy hair holds the heat for a while.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

What are you working on??