Friday, March 27, 2009

No chopping today

It's still raining this morning, so I guess there'll be no hewing and chopping today. I'm really dreading when it starts; don't see how all of that big tree can be piled on the curb for pickup. Plus those huge bushes down the west side of the house--I told him to cut them off even with the ground. But I'll be relieved when the pine tree in the back is down; it has a hole in it halfway up, and every time the wind blows, I'm afraid the top half will snap off. The hawk's nest is in the pine next to the damaged one--smart hawks!

Back in the winter, Jerry (in the little yellow house next door) cut down all of his small trees, I suppose for firewood. Josh said instead of stacking the wood he saws up against the house, he'll lay some 2x4s across the outer edge of the patio and stack it there, because it would cause mold on the bricks otherwise.

I need to make a trip to the John Deere nursery or someplace, for hydrangeas. I'm imagining hydrangeas all across the back of the lot under the trees. The few I've got at the side of the house will have to be moved when their shade is cut down. What's another shade-loving flower? Maybe a ground cover type.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.