Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pink and Black

Sometimes I wake up in the morning with colors on my mind. When I was in the third grade, Camilla Wright brought a doll to school dressed in black velvet with pink sequins, and those colors have dwelt in the back of my mind all through the years.

***
However, Friday is the first day of spring, and I am determined to SPRING CLEAN this house, from the back wall of the basement to the attic access in the hall. And then to finish Pat's Christmas quilt and Loryn's baby quilt or whatever, and then to finish my patchwork reproduction of an old applique quilt, and then--

***
Well, I guess I can dream of making a pink-and-black quilt this year. Or next year.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Do it! Make that quilt. I love pink and black. Also it's a very current color combo.

CeCe said...

Hey there Bat Woman AKA JR, I'm with Susan, get to cutting those pieces, as I too love Pink and Black together! It's wonderful that the doll's clothing left such an impression with you. I can't wait to read on the Porch and / or your blog that you have started this quilt! Just want to mention too, that you have done a wonderful job with your blog...you Rock Girlfriend!

CeCe said...

Hey there Bat Woman AKA JR, I'm with Susan, get to cutting those pieces, as I too love Pink and Black together! It's wonderful that the doll's clothing made such an impression with you. I can't wait to read on the Porch that you have started this quilt!