Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to All Mothers!

And to everyone who has ever had a mother. And even to those who haven't.

What a weekend! My son Jed, and my new yard man Joe, (not to mention my old self), worked like machines yesterday getting my basement mostly cleaned out. Joe cleaned up the back yard area under the trees, and I got a bee in my bonnet this morning and cleaned out my kitchen cabinets (mostly). So that was one of my Mother's Day presents. I would show a picture of my other MD gift, but I don't want to make y'all jealous of my new GE Microwave Oven! It's a beauty, all black and chrome or stainless steel, and it's 2/3 faster than the old one.

Friday Jed had a contractor, Jimmie, to come and inspect the whole house and to give us an estimate on some remodeling jobs. And then another contractor, Andrew, to do the same thing. Then Jed and I went to Lowe's and other places to look at new storm doors and front doors and other stuff. I picked out a front door that I swoon to think of how gorgeous it is, and we emailed Jimmie and told him when he starts anything, that's the one we want him to buy. We also chose a new storm door for the deck much like the old one, except I hope it won't be as bad to break my fingernails, scrape my shins and mash my fingers.

Yesterday afternoon, Jed and I had a sandwich & soup-sampling lunch at home, after which he left, and after which I slept off-and-on until 7:30 this morning. I was whupped from all that working and swooning.

No comments: