Friday, December 31, 2010

Packed Away Till Christmas '11

It took 4 bins--2 flat under-the-bed jobs and 2 of the big blue ones--one of which was full of old books that I had read and handled all to pieces, including my first copy of  Gone With the Wind. It's doubtful anyone would ever want them, so I trashed 'em.

If the Lord lets me see another Christmas, I plan to have about a 12-foot tree with every garland, light and ornament I own, some of which are, I'm sure, hiding in nooks and corners of the house and basement.
*
7:55 p.m.: A while ago, I watched Hal Lindsay's program for a few minutes. I get too emotional about Israel and Palestine, so I don't watch such shows very often. But I'm going to say this once: Think what you will about him, Lindsay knows and tells the history and situations in the Middle East the way they really are and have been. I read Chaim Potok's history many years ago, besides a lot of other stuff, and I know about the history. I've read what the Bible says about it, and what the Arabs say about it. And pretty soon, Jesus is going to come and straighten the whole thing out, probably to the surprise of a lot of Jew-haters.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

You should get a tree next year. 12' may be a bit tall, but you do have enough room!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I don't hate Jews, but I don't hate Arabs either. I don't think Jesus is going to go too easy on any kind of haters.

Joanne Cage said...

The story of Hagar and Ishmael are very moving, and makes you think ahead, and shiver to see the vengeance to come.