Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Sunday Flurries

"It's snowing! It's snowing! The old man is--"

I can only think of one rhyme, and it's inappropriate.

In a little while, I have to go out in it to get cat food and stuff. Something told me to go yesterday, but I said, "Something, don't bother me, I'm busy."

The black cat is on the deck, his fur all bushed out, looking like a black and white teddy bear with little specks of snow on him. When I gave him some Meow Mix, I told him he could go into the basement if he had sense enough to find the little door, but I expect he'll just go back to where he hangs out most of the time. I think he must have found a home, because he looks all healthy, clean and fat, and he doesn't get enough here to effect such a change. I just see him 2-3 times a week. Yesterday his visit coincided with Gretchen's, and he ran away. Gretchen would have run away, but the cat left first.
*
At Friday's book club meeting, Ramey read aloud to us, the "Cajun Night Before Christmas." I passed around a grab-bag full of the angel ornaments and only had one left over, besides the one on top of my little tree.

Just so I'll remember:
Blue at top left: Leftover
I gave the Yellow one to Betty Jo.
The Ivory one is on top of my tree.
Hope C. drew the auburn-haired Green one.
Susan drew the Pink one.
Betty W. drew the Red one.
Ramey drew the Rose one.
Nell drew the little Pink one.
I gave Ramey the blonde-haired Green one.
Mary U. drew the Bisque one.
I gave Susan the Lavender one.
Mable drew the Blue one.

I guess Mary and Mable got the ones I thought were prettiest. Susan, appropriately, got the pink one, she's so fond of pink. Several days ago, I had let Ramey pick out the one she wanted, the green one with the fancy hairdo.

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Your angels are just too cute! I'm glad you took a picture of them all together.

Ramey Channell said...

Your angels are just too cute! I'm glad you took a picture of them all together.

Cheryll said...

Where can I find the pattern for these cute, cute, cute angels???