Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rainbows on the Floor

The front door has lots of prisms. Because of the direction it faces, the streaks of rainbow colors only hit the floor and lower walls.

When Jed and Jack were boys, their great-aunt Carrie Blevins (Grandmother Cage's sister) made each of them a quilt. The one shown below is Jed's; he sent me the photo a day or so ago. I had forgot how pretty it is.

It took Jonathan two and a half days of hard work--not to mention his dad's mower--to get the leaves off this huge lot. So I paid him double what I usually paid Joe for a day's work, and still felt like it wasn't enough. But he was quite pleased. He and his fiancee have both joined the Air Force and are being sent to the same training camp in February.

I've put my tiny Christmas tree on the hearth in front of a mirror screen, to make it seem bigger, and a wreath in the hall. I've invited all my family members for Christmas dinner, and I'm thinking about cleaning and decorating, so I may change things around before the big day.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I like your tree - I need to get me one of those.

Glad to hear that the rest of the leaves left peaceably. Hope it's the last time you need 'em raked this year!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Your tree is pretty. I put up a big one (well, 7 1/2 ft.) this year for the first time in several years.

Ramey Channell said...

I love Jed's quilt! I don't think I've seen that one before! And, I think it's one of the best quilts I've ever seen