Monday, August 1, 2011

Lovely Party, If I Do Say So!



Yesterday was great! I wish I had thought to photograph Ramey's beautiful and delicious birthday cake (brought by Susan) before it was consumed. But too late now. I also wish I had thought to photograph everyone. I seldom remember the camera while things are going on.

We had a great little crowd. Reed was in high good humor. It was a really fun and enjoyable day.
*
 I hope to get through this week without melting down. I hope I can hold onto the thought that this time next week, or next month, or next year, the surgery and hard time will be behind me.



My prismatic paperweight on the window sill cast this rainbow on the ceiling. I hope I can take it as a good sign.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time at your party! Your flowers are very pretty.
I hope all is well with you.
I start the whole moving process today, finish tomorrow, clean the old house on Thursday and turn the keys over on Friday. Then, with any luck, our new life, sans my ex, will begin. Mixed emotions about it all, but I know it will be alright.
Talk to you soon.
Hugs....

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

If was great, Jo. Thanks for being, as always, a wonderful hostess.

Ramey Channell said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful and delicious birthday party. I think the burgers, potato salad and baked beans were the best I ever ate.

The photo of the flowers is beautiful. I think I'll steal that picture.

If I appeared to be in a daze at the party, it's nothing new. For several days I've been singing the Johnny Mathis song "Look at me, I'm as helpless as a chicken up a tree." You can hardly expect normal behavior with that song as backround music.

Do you have a picture of the other bouquet also? They were both amazing!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I think it was a kitten up a tree.