Friday, July 29, 2011

One Down, About a Thousand To Go

It looked almost this good.
Funny, when you've cleaned out the refrigerator, taken all the drawers and shelves out and washed them, put the milk and eggs back and shut the door--it feels like you haven't done anything. The big jobs are still ahead.

Anne George once wrote a poem about cleaning out the refrigerator. It got published in the ASPS Sampler or something. I hardly ever write poems about nightmares.

I've invited the family over here for a cook-in this weekend--Sunday. So I thought a few clean spots would look good. IDEA: When they get through eating, I could assign each of them a room to clean. Why haven't I thought of this before?

Last night I made the mistake of looking at this thing on my nose close up in the mirror, and like to scared myself into fits. It does look like they could have been a little more speedy in getting rid of it. My appointment isn't until next Thursday. To get to sleep last night, I had to plan a makeover for the dolls' house. When I do that, I never get any farther than the front hall/dining room, before falling asleep.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Wish my fridge looked like that. For the longest time now, I've just been cleaning little spots at a time. Haven't done the whole fridge at once since before Vann passed.

Deb said...

I love Anne George! I had discovered her books about 6 months before she died.I have never read the poem about cleaning the fridge. I must find it. Have you read her mysteries? They are a hoot! The mess the sisters in the book get in!
Your fridge looks wonderfully clean! I'm have this thing about keeping the fridge clean, mainly because I'm a slight bit OCD! At the new place I'm moving into, the fridge was not loved. I opened the fridge itself and it didn't seem too bad, but when I opened the freezer, I seriously thought I'd be sick! Needless to say, it has gotten a good scrubbing!
I really think you're on to something with the 'eat and clean a room' thing! I may try that!
Hope you have a wonderful time with the family this weekend. Hope the weather is nice for all of you.
Hugs....