Saturday, July 16, 2011

A quiet, restful weekend--I hope!

Yesterday, after lounging around the Clinic all day, I drove home in a rainstorm again. This is getting monotonous. Went by Alabama Art Supply and got some panels that I hope to turn into drawings for my bedroom, and later went by Walmart and got some things to perk up the guest bathroom.

All my test results were normal. I don't even have to go back on the Fosamax, but just take calcium and Vit. D. I've been off the antidepressant since about Christmas-time, the longest stretch free of medicine in many years. I sort of think it's because of my writing, and staying so busy, with new ideas and projects all the time, that my brain gets healthier instead of weaker. Except for my memory, which sometimes fails me.

I do have to go back Tuesday to Dermatology to get the thing on my nose taken care of. I guess they'll mess up my magnificent nose! Then, like Cyrano de Bergerac, I can dare anybody on pain of battle to say the word "nose" in my presence.

*

The hope of a calm weekend was vain. I've already had one emergency telephone call.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I'm so glad your test turned out ok. I'm sure that is a relief. Tests always put me on edge.
I also feel like when I am busy, either from writing or from making some new craft item, I do feel better and seem to be a bit sharper. I think it just makes us focus more than when we just sit around, watching the grass grow! Hope all goes well at the dermatologist on Tuesday.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs...

JD Atlanta said...

Forget about the emergency phone calls and enjoy your weekend!!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Glad your tests results were good. Memory? Now remind me what that means again. I forgot. (Hope the emergency wasn't a bad one.)

Ramey Channell said...

I don't think I'm brain dead, I think it's just brain hibernation. I keep trying to think of something witty to say about "Who nose ... " but nothing comes to mind. But just don't worry about your schnoz; it'll be fine.