Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth on the Third

Yesterday we celebrated Independence Day and Daddy's birthday on Sunday. We had a grand gathering and feast at Sister Susan's beautiful home. Then we went over to the country church cemetery where so many of our forebears and family are resting. Thanks also to Susan for the wonderful photos she took and shared with all of us.

On Saturday, Jed and I went to the silk flower lady's store and gathered up an armload of pretties, and I put together a couple of quick arrangements. I love arranging flowers--I won a few prizes, back in my garden club days.





The work on the roof, and plans for more work on the house, are still in progress.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful family time. Not doing much to celebrate this year. Maybe just some watermelon and s'more making while watching fireworks. They have them at the high school across the river, so you can actually stay home and see them. My daughter, her hubby and possibly my youngest girl are going to the fair tomorrow night. Too much walking and big crowds for me. I'm kinda a homebody:). Glad to know your roof is progressing. Need to take some pics when it's done. How's the book coming along? After things settle down from this divorce and I finish moving, I am seriously going to look for a publisher. I'm not getting any younger waiting around to get these published!
Well, I've probably rambled enough. Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs...

Joanne Cage said...

Various neighbors here had great fireworks displays. I also watched the Vulcan Park show on TV. I love fireworks.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I am lousy at flower arranging. That's why I buy mine already arranged.