Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A walk under the trees


Got so tired of staying in out of the heat, Mo and I went out there and walked around in the shade on the west side of the house for 15 minutes or so. The hickories are full of nuts, but the persimmon tree is dropping them green on the ground. The tree I call a water oak has shivered a lot of its bark off in strips. Some leaves on the dogwoods are bright red, and the hydrangeas have given up and turned olive-green.

So now I've got the laundry going.

Yesterday I cooked a big pot of yellow squash and heated up some leftover cornbread. Then I ate the whole thing, over the course of the day. Wish I had saved some. I did freeze a lot of squash raw, but I don't want to heat up the kitchen to cook anything.

My poetry manuscript is ready to go to a printer. What do I do next?

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Nice picture!

Let's talk about your book. How many copies? Size? Etc. www.lulu.com is one example of a web site that does this.

Jed