Friday, June 15, 2012

Downstairs is really Upstairs

The rooms in Graymont's south wing are comfortable enough for a nice relaxed summer, while work goes forward on the family home. Daddy is off somewhere with the dogs, probably reclining under a tree. While he's out, Lucinda has arranged the study to suit herself. If Daddy doesn't hurry back, she'll probably set vases of wildflowers all over the room.

Billy Bones is helping Mrs. Gudenov arrange the washtubs at the Temple Spring, in the woods halfway between her home and Graymont, and they're having trouble stringing a clothesline between some columns--more about that later.
*
I started out with the living room and kitchen on the top shelf and was too lazy to shift them to the bottom. So the upstairs rooms ended up on the lower shelves. Click on the picture for a slightly better view.

Sister Susan is making a dollhouse quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing the individual blocks (rooms) as they emerge.
*
My blog is five years old this month.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Happy Blogiversary, Jo! Don't you just love blogging? Your dollhouses are so sweet. I love how you decorate them and the stories that go along. I like my dollhouse too, but somehow I haven't been able to really get into it like you and Ramey. I've decided that a dollhouse quilt is more my style. Happy weekend, Sister.

JD Atlanta said...

Happy Birthday, Blog!

My favorite web site.

Jed