Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pretty Stuff and a Dictionary Word

Over the weekend, I went with Pat and Susan to the thrift store, and found a pair of Johnson Bros. salad plates to add to my blue-and-white dishes,

 and this great old ten-inch Taylor, Smith & Taylor vegetable bowl:


Susan had brought along her "Mama in the Mirror" quilt to show me. It is gorgeous, and truly an amazing work of art, fully illustrated today on her blog "Blackberry Creek" (link in my left column). This quilt won all kinds of prizes in her quilt guild show on Monday.

The big square doily in my photos was made by our Mama, and the pink candlesticks glimpsed in the top photo were given to me by my sister Susan.

Monday evening, we had a lollapalooza of a wind storm, constant lightning, electricity off and on for hours.

Wondering if I had spelled "lollapalooza" right, I looked in the dictionary. Not only did I spell it right, it's really a dictionary word. Amazing.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Your thrift store treasures look beautiful! I probably wanted a chicken plate, or bowl, but have way too much china sitting around!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I have a pink dollie that Mama made just like your white one. I sort of wish I had got a chicken plate too.