Saturday, May 10, 2014

Dumb Dreams

I dreamed Pat and I were in my car, coming out of a parking lot behind a group of little boys, one of whom was Jed. We were all stopped at a traffic light, and I called out the window, "Jed, do you want to get in the car?" He said no, and I said, "Well, you be careful on this old highway." Then I noticed one of the boys, a very ugly little blond, and I said, "I looked just like you when I was a kid, except you've got brown eyes and mine were blue."

Then I was in my living room, talking with Mama and PawPaw about some pictures, framed black-and-white prints that were scattered around the walls. I said, "There are six of them, and they'd look good in a row above the windows." Mama said, "There's eight. We're leaving now so you can take a bath." So they left, and I turned on the water, but I waited and waited, and the water never got deep enough to take a bath, just sloshed around the baseboards at one end of the room.

They say you dream so you can go insane without anyone noticing.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

I'm just glad that the ugly little boy and I were two different people.

:)

Jed