Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Good Week

This past week, I've got more than one useful thing done, so I feel good about it. One thing was sort of charitable, so I won't brag about it. But I got the chapbook manuscript printed and mailed to the contest chair. And the white cat got a little bit tamer. He came into the house and stayed a while. The matter of the white cat is also sort of charitable, because he is really and inexorably Pat's cat, not mine. When he gets tame enough that I can pick him up, I'm going to put him in the pet carrier and take him home to Hawk Hill.

I forget what else I did this week. I know I ran the dishwasher a couple of times. One thing I didn't get done: A friend of mine who lives up the hill sideswiped my neighbor's mailbox and knocked it cockeyed. That's the neighbor, a young guy, who lives in the little yellow house in the picture above. My friend was on her way out of town on vacation, and she phoned me and asked me to tell him that she'd be back on June tenth, and he should call her and she would pay him for fixing the mailbox.

So all week, I watched out the kitchen window for the neighbor to appear. Yesterday I went over there, while his car was in the driveway, and knocked on all the doors, the wall, and even a window, and called "Hello," etc. But he never came out. Later in the afternoon I saw him in his back yard, so I ran out my back door, and he ran around his house and disappeared, so I gave up. Let him deal with it. I don't know how many mailboxes I've had torn up since I've lived here.

4 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I think that some of the dreams that you have described on your blog were your mind's way of preparing you to deal with your neighbor.

Ramey Channell said...

Good ol' Bazzle! If you bring him to Hawk Hill, he'll have a nervous breakdown when he encounters all the ruffian animals at my house!

Ramey Channell said...

Good ol' Bazzle! If you bring him to Hawk Hill, he'll have a nervous breakdown when he encounters all the ruffian animals at my house!

Ramey Channell said...

Okay, why did that post twice?