Monday, July 2, 2012

Here Comes the Rain

Woke up early this morning, feeling pretty good. Jed's coming over today to stay for the Fourth.

It's too blamed hot to cook out, or to cook in, for that matter. And now it's thundering in the thicket.

Yesterday I risked heat stroke by toting containers of water out under the trees for the birds and squirrels, cats and dogs and such.

Got a few chores to do this morning. I think I hear the rain coming.

Up on the mountain, when I was little, I used to watch the rain progressing across the fields toward our house.

*

I really like Big Daddy Hollingsworth's song:

"It ain't gonna worry me for long,
It ain't gonna worry me for long,
I'll just get up in the morning,
And I'll still be a-singing my song!"

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Glad you put out water for the beasts. I like Big Daddy's song too. I like that Big Daddy better than the one who married the young red-headed woman named Margaret.