Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday is washday.

The spring in the woods near Graymont is an ideal place to wash clothes. The stream flows under the ruins of an old folly, and runs off over a bank on the far side. Mrs. Gudenov and her daughter are preparing to do the week's wash, and Billy will help them.

He's filling the tubs and the boiling pot from the spring.
*
On my cat food/Cokes/cigarettes run today, I went by the pretty thrift shop on the Parkway. I saw oodles of good stuff for the dolls' house; fortunately, most of them were a bit too big. Anyway, I did find a beautiful ribbon-embroidered pillow--the center one on the settee:

8 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Darn it! I can't see the images. I think I'll have to look again tonight when I get home - I think my company is filtering certain web sites!

Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love the pillow.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Which Thrift Store was this? The Right Stuff, in the old TGY shopping center?

Joanne Cage said...

Yes, The Right Stuff. i couldn't remember the name.

Brittany said...

The pillow is so pretty. We love your blog.

Miriam, Christy and Brittany

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramey Channell said...

Love that pillow. I think I have one just like it. Also, love your continuing saga.