Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Hunger

As my friend Christy used to say, I'm not eating today. At least not yet. I ate so much yesterday, it scared me. Seemed like I was craving something and couldn't find it. I thawed, heated and ate a chicken/rice/vegetable casserole and thought, "No, that's not it."

Then I made a bacon-dog (3 strips of bacon in a bun) and ate it, but that wasn't it.

Then I cooked a jar of sauerkraut and 3 Ball Park franks and ate it, and thought, "No, that's not it."

I ate the remains of a Jiffy one-layer cake with cranberry icing, and that wasn't even the thing I was looking for. Finally gave up and went to bed.

This morning I jumped up and ran to the P.O. and mailed the book I sold Thursday. On the way, I stopped by the grocery store and bought a package of Nutter Butters. That's probably what I was craving yesterday.
*
The Culprit Identified

The tiniest woodpecker I've ever seen, making holes in my chimney. When I'm in the house and hear him pecking, it sounds like a drum beating.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Now you done made me hungry.