Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Old Age Is So Much Fun

Like when you go to pick something up, and start dropping it and trying to catch it before it hits the ground. And wind up batting it around the room. Sometimes it's not broken, and sometimes it is and then you can throw it away.

I post this picture of Lady Ottoline Morrell, because it's one of the things I've always wanted to paint but didn't have the courage to start. Or the talent to finish. She was too rich, immoral and scandalous, and not pretty, but isn't this a great photograph?

Speaking of broken china, Jed gave me a lovely coffee mug for Mother's Day. I suspect it was on his conscience that he broke one of my blue china mugs, which really didn't bother me a bit. I break something almost every day.
*
 
Impromptu Apple Pie

Hot buttered biscuit tops and bottoms, topped with grated cheddar and applesauce. I ate them too fast to photograph.

No comments: