Monday, May 27, 2013

Sometimes They Come Back

A year later, the fleas have invaded again. This has happened just in the last few days, while Mo has been out of the house. So I'll spend today spraying and vacuuming every inch I can reach.

Maybe it was a mistake to feed the birds. The towhee seems to have forgot about feeding, he just wants to get through that window. He has tried both sides, top and bottom, and must have some bruises from collisions with the glass. What can you do? You try to be nice, and there alway, alway, something backfires.

I'm done with Facebook.

***


The quilt top is coming along. The angel-print fabric I wanted to use for a border is too dark, and more brown-and-yellow than orange. I tried bleaching swatches of it, but it just leaves various shades of yellow.
But I love the angels. I'll figure something out.
***
I've figured out one thing the towhee is doing: He flies over and gets a seed, then flies back into the bush. I think the nest must be in that bush, and he's feeding the setting bird. Do I have to worry about the baby birds when they hatch?

No comments: