Thursday, May 16, 2013

Passeridae

Little gray-brown bird who looks like this, only not so colorful, keeps scooting over to get one sunflower seed, then flying away. I guess it's some kind of sparrow, but looks like one of Peterson's "confusing fall warblers," too.

The towhees just sit there and keep cheeping and eating. Right now the female towhee is visiting. She's brown all over her back and head, where the male is black, and she's smaller. Here comes Big Daddy Towhee. Cute couple.

I keep hoping the flicker will come back.

*

If I'm lying, I'm dying--A tufted titmouse came and got a seed! I've got to get a photo of that bird.

*

A little gray-brown bird who looks like this
keeps scooting over to get one sunflower seed,
then flying away. I guess it's a kind of sparrow,
but looks like one of Peterson's fall warblers.

 A prose poem? Or blank verse.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

I'm so glad you have bird friends. I think you must be a real bird brain!