Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Wee Bit Lopsided, But Cute

My mother made this little quilt top, or large quilt block, and I quilted it over this past weekend (it's about 30" square). It wasn't sewn together quite securely, so I didn't stretch it in a frame but just did a few repairs and quilted along the seams. I have several much bigger, better and prettier quilt tops that Mama gave me, but I need to practice and get used to holding and manipulating a needle again so I can finish some of them. There are several miniquilts in the cedar chest, made by Jenny and me, that I can practice on.

Here are some of my doll quilts that I made years ago. If you click on them, they'll enlarge, all except the pinwheel one--which is my favorite, and I wish you could see all the little doll and animal prints. I don't know why it won't enlarge. The Easter basket one is approx. 18" x 24"; the others are smaller.










1 comment: