Saturday, October 3, 2009

Out, out, d---ed cholesterol!

Not really doing it on purpose, but for 3 days (including today), all I want to eat is oatmeal. Quaker Old Fashioned. With raisins. No sugar, no milk, no butter. It sounds healthy enough, I think. I still eat my Cheerios with skim milk for breakfast (when I think about it), but the rest of the day it's oatmeal. Go figure. At least it's healthier than Ball Park franks.

Why can't we be sensible, plan our meals or at least the kinds of meals we need, and then carry out the plan? (Read "I" for "we.") Must be because we aren't built that way. I can write plans and lists all day, or for an hour a day, or occasionally. But the execution part comes hard, very hard. Making all those plans tires me out. It's like planning a book or story or poem before I write it. The result falls into the "ho hum" category, and the "why did I bother?" bucket.

I'm not complaining--remember, I pledged not to complain any more this year. Just telling it the way it is.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your new blog banner. And oatmeal isn't cholesterol. It actually helps control cholesterol. Same as cheerios. And especially is you eat it with no butter and sugar and cream (ugh), it's good good good for you.

Joanne Cage said...

I think we have a case of misunderstanding here. I didn't mean that I thought I was eating cholesterol. Arggghhhh!

JR

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh. Sorry. But why are your comments headed "Post your bids in Comments"?