Sunday, October 11, 2009

Soup for one or two

Nothing fancy. I just slivered some baby carrots in a casserole, added 1/2 cup of water and a pat of butter, and microwaved it for 10 minutes. Then I added a cup of Campbell's cream of chicken soup and a cup of water, stirred it up and added some black pepper and heated it again for about five minutes. I didn't eat crackers with mine, because they would have defeated the taste of the carrots. Mmmm, good supper last night.

I'm reading The Poems and Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde. I love Oscar Wilde, and I think it's a shame the way he was treated in Great Britain. I'm glad he left there permanently when they let him out of prison. One of my favorite quotations from O.W. is, "It is what you read when you don't have to, that determines what you will be when you can't help it." It seems to be partly true, and completely free of his usual sarcasm or irony.


I know that I'm always starting projects and not finishing them, or planning projects and never beginning them. But this time, Mama means it! I'm going to start today making Christmas outfits for all my dolls, or as many as possible. I own about 50 or 60 (every time I count them I get a different number), so maybe I can dress at least half of them, the larger ones, before Christmas. I'm also planning to have snow for Christmas, one way or another.

This is my 1935 Madame Alexander "Baby Pinkie." She was born just a year after I was, but has aged much better. I'm thinking a christening gown for her, and a knitted or crocheted blankie.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oscar Wilde looks a little like John Travolta. I thought that's who was in the photo at first.
Looking forward to seeing the Christmas outfits on your dolls. What a great idea.

Ramey Channell said...

I love your baby doll, and I love Oscar Wilde. I used to have a favorite quote from Oscar W., but now I've forgotten it. He was a heavy dude.

RC