Friday, November 13, 2009

Goodbye to all that stuff

Today I'm going through the house and throwing out everything that I don't want, except for anything I can leave out for the Exchange Club truck next week. I've already filled one big black construction bag. One thing I'm happy to see the last of is a slipcover for the sofa, that I started about five years ago and have worried over, off and on, ever since. Yesterday I was going to try to finish it, and the thought occurred to me--"Why? Why not banish it forever from my sight?" The fabric was expensive, but I don't like it now, and after so long a time, you just cut your losses.

***
Mama Gots New Boots!

To go with my winter-white pants and jacket. They're sooo comfortable, I may wear them all the time. Not really, but I ordered them half a size larger than my usual, so I may do that from now on.
***
(Added about 5 p.m.) My closet hasn't been this uncrowded since I was in college and really didn't have much to keep or throw away. Some of the stuff I'm giving to Exchange Club, I've never worn, and they're all pretty nice clothes. I'm proud of me for thinning out the accumulation.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Damn purty boots!

Ramey Channell said...

Congratulations, on the clean closet and the lovely boots!