Friday, November 27, 2009

Iron Bowl and other food for thought

The second half has just begun and they're tied 14-all. I am not-watching so as not to jinx the Tide. Jed said if Alabama gets ahead by about 30 points, he'll call me.

Yesterday, Ruby Tuesday's was the only place we called where we could get in and sit down without waiting until dark, so we had a wonderful lunch there, my treat. I had the New Orleans seafood platter, and Jed had Chicken Bella which I almost wished I had ordered instead. For once, I cleaned my plate and came near to ordering dessert, but got strong and desisted.

I feel really bad about not cooking for Thanksgiving. If I keep my stren'th, that won't happen again. I'm going to cook everything good I can think of for Christmas. Jed is (at present) determined to fry a turkey, and he promises to educate himself about the process so that we won't have a 30-foot-high fireball. Just to be on the safe side, I may also stuff and roast a hen or a turkey. And make a Lane cake. And ye olde-tymie green-bean casserole. And a really good potato salad. And my sister Ramey's sweet potato pie. And some divinity candy. And I don't know what-all. I'm craving pineapple upside-down cake; I haven't had this since the last time my mama made it.

Wednesday evening, Jed brought sandwiches from McAlister's Deli, and the best soup I've ever had in my life--tortilla soup!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Well! We didn't check Ruby Tuesday. But we enjoyed our little faux Thanksgiving feast right here. Glad y'all had a good one.

JD Atlanta said...

29 foot fireball, max. I promise!