Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Lick and a Promise

That's what I gave my house today. Jennifer is coming to clean tomorrow, and I hate for people to think I never do anything. The place is at least superficially clean. The laundry's all done. The sinks and drains are shiny. But it took nearly all day, just what little I did. Worked half an hour and slumped half an hour, from six a.m. to two p.m.

When I get ambitious like this, I sometimes get the cleaning people (Dave usually comes with her to do the heavy stuff) to do something extra, like scrubbing the basement stairs a few weeks ago. Tomorrow I hope to get them to move some furniture. I'm afraid to do it any more, myself.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Goodness, Joanne, you remind me of my grandpa. When I was about 4, my grandma had to have lung surgery. My grandpa was still working at the time and he had a maid come in twice a week to help out. My grandma was not allowed to lift anything heavier than her coffee cup. The thing is, the night before the maid came, my grandpa would make sure the laundry was done, the floors were hoovered, etc. My dad asked him why he did all of that. "Well, I wouldn't want the maid to think I couldn't take care of things." My grandpa was a hoot. I don't know about you, but it is hard for me to ask someone to do something for me. It seems like the last few years I have had to give in and take the help. While it bothers me for asking, it would be impolite to refuse.
Hugs to you,
Deb