Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Donut Hole

You don't hear much about it until you fall into it. Of course, I've had a lot of prescription drugs this year, and today when I picked up Rx refills, they were very expensive. Then early this evening my home health nurse made her penultimate visit, and told me about Walmart's $4-prescription program, and a similar one that CVS has but that seems to be a bit more complicated and expensive. I'm going to discuss it with Dr. Gruman at my next appointment, and hope I can save a little dough the rest of this year.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Sometimes there are generics for your RX that your doctor can state for the pharmacy to use. They are much cheaper (money wise) which helps. Example: I take Meloxicam for my arthritis, not that it helps much. If I bought it as a non-generic, it would be $96 for 30 day supply. I get the generic and it is $4. Much better! WalMart does have that free program and they can check for you if your RXs one of them. One of Laura's RX genric is $0 for a 30 day supply, non-generic would be $196, not good for my bank account or my heart!

Unknown said...

You may also have to get your home health nurse to help you with some paperwork, but most medicines are available for free or at low cost. Even in your situation. Check out www.needymeds.com for more information -- it's a free site.