Friday, August 14, 2015

Scrumptious on Rye

Sandwich for Lunch:

Mayo, lettuce/salad mix, jalapeno/Monterey Jack, tomato, all layered with pastrami, salt, black pepper--yum!

I drove to TKC yesterday and actually enjoyed the trip. Driving, that is. Dr. Gruman has just about talked me into quitting my 2-3 cigarettes a day--I have to admit that the count is not always accurate. (What occurs in my car, stays in my car.) After today (or tomorrow), I won't smoke at all any more. Ever.

No friend Jackie to talk to. No dog Gretchen for company. No cigarettes. No Coke. What's left? Eating until I'm unconscious? I weighed 117 pounds this morning. Unless I get busy writing this new book, Cassandra, I predict I'll be back up in the 150's before the end of the year.

I'm really pulling out all the stops for this little novel. Most of the people whom I'll libel or slander are dead. Except me.

This will be my fourth-and-a-half novel. Never mind that I've only made one effort apiece to get the three finished ones (drafts) published. I've even lost the two-and-a-half "romance" novels, have no idea what happened to them. Don't care.

2 comments:

Deb said...

You are making me hungry and, trust me, I do not need to eat!!
I have all of these notes above my desk-book titles to be, book ideas, how to kill off characters, inspirational words to make you want to write. You'd think as many times a day that I see these, I would actually WRITE and/or FINISH something!
I hope you and Jed have fun on the trip you are taking. Pictures, please and thank you. I live vicariously.
Hugs,
Deb

JD Atlanta said...

Stop smoking entirely for a few weeks, and then see how you feel about life. Maybe you'll be more optimistic, instead of less. Worth a try, right?