Saturday, November 7, 2015

Entertainment

I just watched a little movie of "The Bowery Boys," Leo Gorcey and Huntz Hall and them. Made back when comedy (slapstick) was sort of funny. This one featured a giant mobster named Patsy, who threw the guys around somewhat but finally got nabbed.

I guess that was the best thing I've seen on TV this week, that I hadn't already seen. And I may have seen it back in 1946. Now, TCM is showing silent films, and Hallmark has quit showing "Murder She Wrote" and "Diagnosis Murder," in favor of an endless flow of new insipid little romances with a Christmas theme.

On Thursday, I did watch the finale of "Project Runway," but the B.B.'s were better.

***

Yesterday, after one unsuccessful day of trying to get Walmart to take my money, I finally succeeded in paying $326 for three prescriptions. On Thursday their computer wouldn't take my check or my credit card, so I had to go to the bank next day and explain to the handsome manager that my checks wouldn't go through, get the money, and trek back to Walmart. The first four Rx's cost $50, which I had paid with the credit card after two or three attempts.

The $300 ones were for 90-day supplies, so they'll last until February. But they did cost the grocery money for this month. Luckily, I've got the pantry and freezer full of comestibles. And some Halloween candy.

***

This morning, the cat I was dreaming that was curled up on the bed against me, jumped off the bed and woke me up.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Aren't medication prices crazy?? How are people suppose to pay for them? If I had to pay the current price for Laura and myself, it would be a nightmare!! Groceries would not be the only thing we wouldn't have.
You know, dreams are funny sometimes. Some say they are a window into our lives. Maybe you need to leave out a bit of cat kibble. Who knows? Maybe there is a little kitty out there looking for a home.
Love and hugs,
Deb