Saturday, November 14, 2015

I don't have much ambition to write or blog any more, but I want to remember some details. The police posted a video on Facebook, supposedly in my neighborhood, supposedly showing a guy rather similar to the face/form that was on my porch, trying to break into a house and carrying something away. The police and I speculated that he might be someone who lives over on King's Forest or in that direction, because I didn't hear or see a car.

I didn't want to call Jed, because I knew he would cancel his vacation trip and rush over here. Which is what he did. He got a man to come and measure for the new windows, who called me back yesterday and said he'd install the new panes on Monday. Then Jed went back to Atlanta yesterday.

For so long I've had this half-scared, half-excited feeling that something was going to happen. So I got a burglar, and the world got the Paris disaster. I'm going to try to reverse the trend of waking at night and sleeping in the daytime. But I don't know if I can sleep in my bed by that window again.

I wish I felt as strong and normal as I felt this time last year. I would switch my bedroom and office furniture. Maybe Dave and Jennifer can do it over a period of time. All those books.

***

Oh, a cheerful note: I found this adorable dog on FCDF, his name is "Fluffy Puppy." He's a mix of bulldog and Rottweiler. I emailed the person who advertised him but haven't heard back.

 
He's about a year old, and the ad said he likes to stay inside, which is better than having to buy a fenced yard. If I get him or a similar fluffy little dog, I'm going to buy him a strong harness, and walk him all around the neighborhood, and hang his picture outside all my outside doors, and record his barking to play in case he turns out to be the laziest dog in the world.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Bulldog and Rottweiler? It looks like some kind of bird dog or spaniel. Anyway, it's a pretty pup.

Joanne Cage said...

Look at his big legs and paws. And his fat belly looks like a bulldog. Anyway, that's what the lady said.

JD Atlanta said...

You'll be surprised at what you can do! I know you will get over this. Love you -