Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Tintinnabulation

Jed came over yesterday. He's going to NYC Thursday to visit friends, so he went home early this afternoon.

My sweet baby sister brought me chicken and vegetables for my dinner, and a brownie for dessert. I went to bed early, about 10:15 p.m., so I could get up and be at the dentist's office at 9:00.


The doorbell rang and woke me up. I punched the light on the back of my clock and it was 12:30 a.m., but I didn't get up. It rang again at 12:50, so I got up, turned on the porch light, and Nobody was there, of course.

Why can't this ever happen when Jed is here? The second ring sounded twice, like an impatient ring. I don't think I've mentioned this lately, but it happens occasionally.

So I made a cup of coffee, and here I am at 1:15 in the morning, wondering if I'm being haunted or just being crazy.

There are double outside lights on each corner of my house, plus motion-sensitive lights on the deck. They just need new bulbs to shine all night, or all the time if not turned off. I guess I need to get the bulbs replaced.

Now I'm hungry.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I hope you were able to go back to sleep. Maybe getting the bulbs for those sensor lights would prevent the ring and runs from happening. Hope the appointment went well.
What a lovely sister you have! And even a brownie!! I was going to make brownies for Laura today, then remembered we are out of eggs :(
Tons of hugs,
Deb

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That is just too weird.