Friday, June 4, 2010

Another Gully-Washer?

Looks like we're about to get one.

I woke up this morning determined to make a major dent in this dirty house. I wish I could be like the ideal Capricorn: "Her house always looks in perfect order, without much effort," or something like that. I think I must be afflicted in my house-keeping house.

Today I filled a big trash bag with gew-gaws and dishes to take to the thrift store next time we go. That only made a minor dent, and now I'm tired. And bored. Sometimes I think, if someone would only clean the place up completely, from top to bottom, and get rid of nine-tenths of the stuff, maybe I could keep it nice. But who knows? Why did I accumulate all this junk? Who in her right mind needs 6 sets of dishes, and pieces from maybe half a dozen more?

I think it's advancing age that makes me no longer appreciate pretty possessions. Tell you one thing for sure: If I ever get all the rooms straightened up, scrubbed, decorated, and dusted, one way or another I'll get rid of everything I didn't use or won't use in the next month or so.






1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

It appears that all three of us, Les Trois Soeurs, are pretty much on a treadmill of battling the housework. But, it's always been that way, right? As long as you live in a house, you're gonna have trouble.